Thursday, March 15, 2007

Signs of Progress

Meow has never been a fan of the wet food. I know he likes a particular brand when he eats most of a portion - which usually is 1/2 of one of those little cans of cat food.

Of all of the brands I've given him, he seems to like the Hill's Science Diet Beef and gravy, and the Maxpro Beef and Egg the best. He'll eat most of it and then go back to finish it a little later. Most of the other brands he'll lick one or two times, and walk away.

I've been adding a little bit of the fiber powder to the top of the food and not mixing it in - he seems to like licking off the "savory" juices, so I know even if he doesn't eat, he's getting a little more of the dietary fiber. Which is good!

My poor cat gets to have me observe him when he would probably like a little more privacy, but i need to see if "going" has gotten any easier since my diet experiment. I will say that we still have some work to do, but I do think he is having an easier time going poo in the litter box - which makes me happy.

I'm going to continue with the wet food, fiber, and additional water, and keep a close eye on how he does.

This is a great link to a description of constipation in cats.

No comments: